Have you ever heard about Roku device? Do you want to enjoy free movies and TV shows? Are you thinking to access Roku using the audio guide? If yes, then find all information related to Roku as well as how to How to enable text-to-speech using Audio Guide here. In this article, we will completely discuss that how to use the audio guide for your Roku streaming device.
So, let we first talk that what exactly the Audio guide is?
The audio guide is the guide that allows Roku users to access Roku streaming device via their voice. Generally, the audio guide is “text to voice” screen reader which allows Roku users to access the Roku.com/link home screen. When you activate your Roku audio guide, it will start reading your text, menus and other screen options.
Now, let us come to know that which devices will fully support the audio guide.
- Audio guide is supported by
- Roku Premiere (Model 4620).
- Roku Premiere+ (Model 4630).
- The Roku Ultra (Model 4640).
- Roku TVs.
- Roku Express+ (Model 3710).
- The Roku Streaming Stick (Model 3600).
- Roku Express (Model 3700).
All the above devices can support the audio guide.
Generally, when you setup your Roku, you will see the audio guide on the Roku main screen. In order to turn audio guide “on” press “*” 4 times from your Roku remote. If you have enhanced “point anywhere” remote then pairs your remote with the Roku player.
Now, let we move towards how to enable the text-to-speech using audio guide.
Steps to enable audio guide
- You can turn audio guide “on” by pressing “*” button 4 times from your remote.
- Similarly, if you want to “off” the audio guide then press “*” button 4 times from your Roku remote.
How to navigate Roku interface using audio guide
For this follow the below steps:
- First of all, turn your audio guide “on”.
- Once you turn it ON, it will start reading your location on the screen, current screen, describe options and also identify prime action elements.
- For e.g. if you type 1 of 8 then the audio guide will recognize it as “My Channels”.
- Moreover, you can navigate using the “up/down” buttons.
- If you press “ok” from your remote then it will take you to “My Channels”.
Now, let we discuss that what to do if you want to change the audio guide settings. So, for this see below.
Steps to change audio guide settings
First of all, go to settings > Accessibility > Audio guide. By doing this, you will see the following configurations
Audio guide ON/OFF
- In this configuration, you have to turn your audio guide “on/off”. You can do this by pressing “*” button 4 times from your remote.
- The speech rate ensures the speed of auto guide in reading out the text.
- Mainly, there are 4 speech rates – slow, normal, fast and very fast.
- In order to select the speech rate, click on the “ok” button.
- The volume allows you to change your auto guide’s volume with respect to the volume of your TV.
- If you see that audio guide shortcut is enabled then press “*” button 4 times from remote to turn the audio guide “on” or “off”.
- Similarly, if audio guide shortcut is disabled then press “*” button 4 times from remote will not turn the audio guide “on” or “off”.
In case you are finding errors while activating audio guide for your Roku streaming player then no need to worry about this. The first and the most important thing you have to do is to go to the Roku.com/link tech support. The Roku support surely provides you possible solutions. To get faster solutions, dial Roku support toll-free number at anytime from anywhere. The toll-free number is 1-844-5628-666.